Matthew 21: 28 “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
29 “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
30 “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.
31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
“The first,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
“Tell that person about ME” GOD said to me. “I can’t, they won’t listen to me.” The moment passed. “Tell that person about ME” GOD said to me again. “I can’t, I am at work.” The moment passed. “Tell that person about ME” GOD said on another occasion. I can’t, I’m at a club looking at, well I won’t go into that. The moment passed.
- Many times I know what I should do and not do it.
- Many times I have an excuse for not doing what I am supposed to do.
- Many times I have said “Yes I will do that” but wind up not doing it.
“Stop talking and start doing” is what I heard from someone. It did not have a profound message at the time but I did remember it. After a while I pursued CHRIST, seeking HIS way. I then heard someone say, “If you only had two weeks to live, what would you do differently?” Many answers came out and I thought about “tell people about CHRIST.” The conference leader then said “Then why don’t you do live like that each day?”
- GOD tells me what to do every day; it is up to me to listen.
- GOD gives me direction daily; I get blessed when I follow HIM.
- GOD talks to me on a regular basis, I only have to open my heart in order to hear HIM.
Clouded thoughts, fear, bitterness, lust, greed and other things got in the way as excuses for not serving GOD. BUT GOD was graceful enough to keep asking. HE knew HE could penetrate my stony heart and enable me to follow HIM little by little. GOD calls me to “do” all I have to do is obey.
- Are you ignoring GOD when HE is talking to you?
- Do you have too much going on to hear HIM?
- Can you slow down for a moment and listen to HIM today?