Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Recruitment


Matthew 23: 15 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

============

When I joined the group, I felt great. I received gifts and people noticed me. Little did I know that some who were in the group were doing some underhanded things. “Should I be like them and recruit for them?” came to mind.

  • Sometimes I have to leave the crowd.
  • Sometimes I have to not be part of the group.
  • Sometimes I have to step back and assess what crowd I am with.


Putting cute labels on something does not make what I was doing right. GOD saw my sins and didn’t want me to recruit anyone else to follow down that path.

  • GOD wants me to recruit for HIS kingdom, not for my sins.
  • GOD wants me to ask people to follow HIM rather than following humans.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIM rather than pointing people to the club.


Recruitment is not the problem, it is what I am recruiting people to that is the problem. GOD wants me to bring those who have forgotten HIM back to HIM so HE can guide them to HIS better place. I can recruit people to follow GOD and please HIM.

  • Are you recruiting people to church but not to GOD?
  • Do you think your club is better than GOD?
  • Can you stop focusing people on club activities and bring people to a saving knowledge of JESUS?


No comments:

Post a Comment