Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Reject Maker


Matthew 21: 42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:
“‘The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
    and it is marvelous in our eyes’?

43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46 They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

============

Humiliation turned into relief as I was finally picked to play the game on the playground. I was frail but fast. I caught people quickly and soon was recognized as a key player. The next time we played I was actually consulted. “Should we pick ‘that’ person?” they asked. “‘Nah’ let’s get some fast people” I suggested.


  • There were times I rejected people.
  • There were times I wanted to be on the winning side.
  • There were times I my desire to win was placed over my desire to accept.

Instead of bringing others along in the game, I joined in the exclusion. To this day, I do not know who I overlooked because of my short-sightedness. JESUS knows. HE feels those who have been rejected and knows those who have done the rejection.


  • GOD made each person special so I should not reject them.
  • GOD made each person unique so I should look at each person differently.
  • GOD made each person distinct so I should figure out a way to reach their distinction instead of rejecting them because it is too hard.

JESUS was rejected as the “Cornerstone” of the church. Upon this rock the church sits. When I choose to fall on it I am broken to pieces for HIS service. When I reject the use of the Cornerstone, it falls on my feeble plans and they are crushed.

Pastors, preachers, ministers and the priests of the day rejected JESUS. GOD wants me to gravitate towards HIS ways and be broken for HIS purpose.


  • Are you rejecting people so that you can fit in the crowd?
  • Does your job make you reject people?
  • Can you start accepting those GOD sends into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment