Matthew 22: Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
Christmas morning had arrived and the gifts were sitting under the tree. “Go on without me” were my whispered words because I had no idea how long the conference call would be. An “emergency” happened at work and all the leaders had to be on a call, even though my area was not affected.
- There have been times when I have been too busy to celebrate GOD.
- There have been times when I have been too exhausted to worship GOD.
- There have been times when I had so much to do that I could not even conceive how to have a moment with GOD.
“This is important” as if to say “GOD will understand my absence from worshipping HIM.” Work did interfere with daily worship as well as gathering together with others to worship. Taking vacation to serve others was unheard of because I “needed” time to unwind and relax, or at least I thought. BUT GOD wanted something else.
- GOD wants me to come to the celebration of HIS SON.
- GOD wants me to take a moment to sit at the banquet with HIS SON.
- GOD wants me to pay attention to HIS servants who talk about HIS SON.
As a created being, I should have as much time as the Creator desires. Unfortunately the things of the world distract me from paying attention to HIM. GOD wants me to celebrate HIS SON as much and often as possible.
- Are you too busy for GOD?
- Does worshipping GOD take too much effort?
- Can you make time today to worship JESUS?