Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Correct Description


Mark 3: 20 Then the multitude came together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21 But when His own people heard about this, they went out to lay hold of Him, for they said, “He is out of His mind.”

22 And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebub,” and, “By the ruler of the demons He casts out demons.”

23 So He called them to Himself and said to them in parables: “How can Satan cast out Satan? 24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26 And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end. 27 No one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will plunder his house.

============

“May I have a glass of water” was my question posed to my aunt. “Sure” she said distractedly as people were pouring into her place for fun and laughter. She went off to take coats to another room and was gone for a while.

I went into the kitchen and saw a chilled glass filled with just the amount I liked. I reached up to the glass on the counter, took a swig and quickly realized it was not water so I cried out! It was vodka.

  • Sometimes things appear as the right thing to me.
  • Sometimes I misinterpret what is in front of me because of my desires.
  • Sometimes I need a clear description.


Mislabeling JESUS was the problem of the Scribes. They tried to call HIM a follower of Satan and the people were going to fall for their deception. JESUS used common sense to correct their trickery. HE gave the right description.

  • JESUS says to me “I AM the way, the truth and the life.”
  • JESUS says to me “I AM the only way.”
  • JESUS says to me “I AM the good shepherd, you are MY sheep.”


“How can I cast out demons if I am a demon?” was the logical question JESUS asked the scribes. With the question, JESUS placed HIMSELF in authority over the demonic world that I am so blind to. HE is GOD and many people have tried to lower HIS authority by explaining away HIS miracles and HIS power. HE wants me to know HE is my Savior.

  • Have you mislabeled JESUS?
  • Do you think the thing you are doing will save you?
  • Will you allow GOD to guide you to the place HE wants you to go?


No comments:

Post a Comment