Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Alone


Mark 4: 33 And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear it. 34 But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

============

Waving at people on the convention floor was the norm for my coworkers, but not me. This was my first convention and I did not know anyone. It was time for dinner and everyone made plans with one another. I ate in my room.
  •  
  • Sometimes I can be in a crowd and feel alone.
  • Sometimes I can open my mouth and say something to people and still feel alone.
  • Sometimes I can sit in a room with another person and feel more alone than when I am by myself.


Being alone can sometimes feel devastating, especially when I want to be around those who appreciate what I am doing and saying or even better, know who I am. GOD spoke in parables or analogies and did not speak directly to the crowd. But when HE was alone with HIS disciples HE spoke directly to them.

  • GOD sometimes takes me to a place so HE can be alone with me.
  • GOD sometimes wants to speak directly to me so HE moves me out of the crowd.
  • GOD sometimes desires for me to quiet down instead of screaming while I am alone with HIM.


Maturing to understand “alone” time is important to GOD. HE wants me to spend some very important time with HIM to see HIS power on a daily basis. The world’s worries can be noisy and deafen me to HIS voice. It seems like the harder I try in life, the more GOD wants to spend time with me. HE sets me down besides still waters and speaks directly to me with HIS promises.

  • Do you feel alone?
  • Are you worried and feel alone?
  • Can you remove your worries for a moment and listen to GOD’s voice through HIS word today?


No comments:

Post a Comment