Thursday, November 2, 2017

Dangerous Road

Mark 3: 28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

============

Tired of traffic, I sought another way home. One day I saw a familiar cement truck poke out from a dirt road. “I think I saw that truck in my neighborhood” I said to myself. I followed the truck, lo and behold, it was a shortcut to my neighborhood. I tried to navigate the same route back to work the next day and almost drove off a cliff.

  • Some routes I have chosen have been dangerous.
  • Some roads I have driven on have been deadly.
  • Some places I have driven have been very close to a fatal end.


One bad turn on this construction road would have been a final turn for me. Unfortunately the Pharisees and Scribes took the wrong turn and crossed the line with JESUS. When they said “HE has an unclean SPIRIT” they were saying “GOD is unclean or evil.” They went down a dangerous road where they had no return.

  • GOD says to me “I AM love and I love you.”
  • GOD says to me “MY ways are not your ways. My thoughts are not your thoughts.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the way.”


Sometimes I travelled down another dangerous road, namely the road of thinking GOD is evil. I mean what kind of GOD would allow “fill in the blank.” Instead of getting to know HIM, I would blame HIM for HIS existence and methods. This path was built on self-pity or selfishness.

GOD wants me to know that I know that I know HE has my best interest in mind. HE is not evil nor are HIS plans for me. HE protects me in spite of me. HE keeps me from driving off the cliff even when I try to go down the wrong road. HE is my forgiver and I love HIM.

  • Are you blaming GOD?
  • Do you call GOD evil?
  • Will you turn onto a better road by praising HIM and HIS ways today?


No comments:

Post a Comment