Monday, November 13, 2017

Herbs and Spices

Mark 4: 30 Then He said, “To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it? 31 It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth; 32 but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade.”

============

“You should learn this new way of doing things” exclaimed one of my coworkers. Yes, the world had changed and a new way of thinking had emerged. I now had to go on a new road and learn. “I wonder when this road will change” I thought to myself.

  • Sometimes I get busy chasing new philosophies.
  • Sometimes I get entrenched into learning new ways of doing things.
  • Sometimes I get involved with new thinking, new values and new beliefs.


Out with the old and in with the new was my way to stay ahead of the crowd. I would learn new ingredients to success by attending philosophical discussions and grab a new herb of knowledge. Many birds would flock with me to these spicy meetings. BUT GOD had another plan for me.

  • GOD says to me “Tell people about the simple message of MY love for them.”
  • GOD says to me “MY kingdom’s message is simple, just believe that JESUS died for all of mankind and you will be saved.”
  • GOD says to me “MY yoke is easy and MY burdens are light.”


What a tiny seed GOD gave me. I mean HIS message of grace far exceeds any new herb and spice I could ever learn. In fact, GOD’s message of grace grows in me and in the hearts of mankind stronger than any other way of thinking. Branches of joy, love, forgiveness and peace flow from this simple message of HIS grace. GOD’s message is simple, HE loves me.

  • Are you busy trying to learn the “new” thing?
  • Do you think the new way of thinking will save you?
  • Can you turn your thinking towards GOD for a moment and absorb the simple message of HIS love for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment