Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Spinning the Spinners

Mark 4: 10 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’”

============

In an effort to make the situation better, my bosses told me to “Update the message to make it more palatable.” In other words they wanted me to put “spin” on the message. Instead of saying “This flat out does not work” they suggested “At this time, certain features are being reviewed.” I wonder if I try to “spin” the explanation of JESUS.

  • There were times when I used “spin” to make the story easier.
  • There were times when I used a more palatable story to explain things.
  • There were times when I would take a lie and try to spin it to “a” truth that was close enough.


JESUS saw through the hearts of those who would never believe in HIM. HE spoke in parables because speaking in direct terms to someone who would never believe in HIM would be a waste of HIS time. HE wants me to believe in HIM whether HE speaks directly or indirectly to me.

  • JESUS speaks to me through written history and letters compiled in a Bible.
  • JESUS speaks to me through humans who speak highly of HIM.
  • JESUS speaks to me through circumstances that only HE can orchestrate.


Amazement can happen on a daily basis if I allow it. I mean I could walk out my door and be absolutely amazed if I were to open my eyes and ears to what GOD is doing. Unfortunately the worries of the world blind me at times to the amazing things around me. GOD says “Relax. Let ME guide you with MY plan.” When I allow HIM to be GOD I can truly “perceive” and “understand.”

  • Are you confused about something?
  • Do you have a very specific answer for your problem that you are not getting no matter how hard you try?
  • Will you open your eyes and ears to GOD so you can see what HE is doing in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment