Thursday, October 7, 2010

Do I really know my rights?

Galatians 4: 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

================

What does the heir of an earthly kingdom act like? I pondered as I read the scripture. I looked at the royalty around the world and thought about their kids.

  • They know their needs are being met.
  • Those who are smart prepare all their lives to take over the business which is royalty.
  • No matter what’s going on around them, they always keep focus on who they are.
  • They are quite “entitled”, in other words they know everything their parents own, they will own someday.

Thinking about what Paul said I wondered if I acted like I am an heir to the kingdom of GOD. The answer is NO!

  • I don’t act like I am an heir to GOD’s kingdom when I doubt GOD’s plan here on earth.
  • I don’t act like I am an heir to GOD’s kingdom when I focus all my energy on this earthly kingdom.
  • I don’t act like I am an heir to GOD’s kingdom when I live my life any way I want to arrogantly expecting GOD to forgive me.
  • I don’t act like I am an heir to GOD’s kingdom when I fear what humans can do to me rather than fearing what GOD will do to me.
  • I don’t act like I am an heir to GOD’s kingdom when I refuse to serve someone in need because I “think” they don’t deserve it.

GOD had a very elaborate plan that included dying for me, placing HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me and after being raised from the dead, building a place for me to reside eternally. Sometimes I forget the purpose of what JESUS did for me and I lose focus. I fear, doubt, worry, try to control and fall into sin. This doesn’t sound like an heir.

BUT GOD made allowance for my shortcomings. HIS HOLY SPIRIT praises HIM in ways I can’t imagine. HE knew I couldn’t worship or praise HIM the way HE wants to so HE put the SPIRIT in me to remind me about being an heir.

Yes times are tough and the world is flying apart BUT GOD wants me to walk without fear, talk with faith and serve with excitement! HE wants me to tell the Great news about JESUS to many and not fall into earthly aspirations. HE wants me to be kingdom focused while being useful to those around me. HE wants me to know my rights as an heir to the kingdom.

  • Do you know what GOD wants you to do?
  • Why are you still living the same way you did before you knew CHRIST?
  • You know GOD does GOD know you?
  • Are you living in a way that GOD would say “well done?”

No comments:

Post a Comment