Thursday, October 28, 2010

Faith is available if I reach out and get it!

Ephesians 6:  10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

=====================

Question: How do I fight the spirit world that I cannot see, hear or touch?
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,

So I guess I need to be honest with GOD and tell HIM my true struggles instead of trying to manipulate him into getting my way. I need to confess my dissatisfaction with HIS methods and ask HIM to help me accept HIS ways. I can then be righteous by confessing my sins to GOD.

Question: What am I supposed to be doing right now? What’s my purpose?
15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

My feet provide motion so I must take the first step in sharing the great news about JESUS without shame. I will also remember that sharing isn’t force feeding rather loving others.

Question: Why are things going wrong in my life?
16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Sometimes I overlook the fact that someone or something is messin’ with me. Satan wants me to fail so of course roadblocks to GODLY success will be put in my way. I have to reach out to GOD to get the faith that is ALREADY there and use it against Satan’s attacks.

Question: What about me? Can things get better for me?
17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

It’s up to me to accept JESUS as GOD who died in my place then after belief I must understand GOD and how HE behaves so that through mimicking HIM I can reap earthly and eternal benefits. This requires reading HIS Bible.

Question: What should I pray for? How should I pray?
 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

There is no right way to pray. Liturgical is prayer passed down by the ages, spontaneous is prayer thought up on the spot, intercessory is prayer for others, introspective is prayer for me. Kneeling, sitting, standing, singing, crying, dying are all acceptable for prayer to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment