Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I can’t manipulate GOD so I follow HIM.

Galatians 6: 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

================

Dark hallways filled with silence were disturbed by my sweeping and dusting during my daily route as a janitor. My supervisor was a trusting soul who gave me the easiest buildings to clean. I was finished with the assignment and still had half my shift left.

“I know” I thought to myself… “I’ll go home, eat, watch TV and return, no one will know!” Bad move!
  • I can fool people but I can’t fool GOD.
  • My deception only hurts me because GOD can hold it against me.
  • Every sin that I do drives me further and further away from having an “abundant” life.
After deceiving my supervisor I soon found out how disappointed he was that he trusted me and I took advantage of him. Now answer this… could I spread the great news about JESUS CHRIST to him? NO! What a waste. I could no longer be effective or used by GOD with him.

  • GOD sees everything I do and knows every hidden thought.
  • Every relationship, no matter how antagonistic, needs to be handled with GOD’s love in mind.
  • GOD brings people in my life for HIS purpose and it’s up to me to show my faith in HIM.

After that ordeal, I tried to swing the pendulum in the other direction. Whenever I did something wrong, I would try to get out of trouble by doing “good.” I figured that if I did something wrong, then I could balance it by doing some good stuff. I could essentially have my cake and eat it too.
  • GOD sees through my plot to manipulate HIM with my “good” acts.
  • HE wants me to do “good” in order for people to be drawn to HIM.
  • When I try to do “good” in efforts to manipulate GOD, I get tired of doing “good” quickly.

The purpose for doing “good” is to help a hurting world. If life is “all about me” then I will quickly get tired of helping others. GOD gives me the strength to perform HIS acts of love and I benefit from HIS blessings!
  • Are you tired of doing “good?”
  • Why are you being good?
  • Are you secretly trying to manipulate GOD into giving you the thing you want?
  • Can you do good to be an example of GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment