Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is my faith real?

Galatians 3: 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing—if it really was for nothing? 5Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?

====================

Seven thirty in the morning the doors were unlocked and I stammered around asking “where do I sit?” This was my first day of work after college and I had no idea what the future looked like. I didn’t know what to pray for, all I knew was I had to pray. “Dear LORD please make me successful” is what I said. Wow, what a ride GOD gave me!

After a few companies and multiple promotions I was “successful” in men’s eyes but to GOD I wonder.

  • Success in the eyes of man can bring on pride that GOD doesn’t like.
  • When I let success go to my head, I quickly think I did it by myself.
  • Even when I credit GOD to my success there is a part of me that brags and boasts about it.

My climb to the top consisted of days where I wondered if I could pay my bills to keep the lights on. I kind of knew GOD was with me, but HE had to show me and HE did this with all of HIS might. Debt cleared up and more money flowed. When my bank account went “positive” my faith turned into watching “it” grow rather than growing spiritually.

  • When I place my faith on what I can see, I lose it when I lose the “things.”
  • When I place my faith on what I have, I get nervous and try to keep my stuff.
  • When I place my faith on what I can control, I get depressed when things are out of control.

It’s amazing that when I look back on my life I can see when I depended on GOD versus when I depended on my social or financial status. I really cannot pinpoint the exact time where I thought I was “all that” but it certainly happened and GOD was left outside of my life.

  • Success to GOD is believing in HIS plan, no matter how strange or bleak it looks.
  • When I let GOD’s word get to my heart I quickly think HE does everything, not me.
  • My bragging and boasting needs to be about what GOD is doing in good or tough times.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Through trials, GOD has restored my faith.

  • What have you placed your faith in?
  • Do you doubt GOD because HE hasn’t changed your situation in your timing?
  • Is GOD weak when HE decides to take “things” away from you and strong when HE gives you “things?”
  • Can you place your faith in GOD today instead of focusing on what you don’t have?

No comments:

Post a Comment