Friday, October 22, 2010

True Transformation

Ephesians 4: 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

============

Anticipation filled the air as the winners of the most coveted award in the company was about to be announced. Only the top one percent received this award so the recognition along with the monetary value made it so special.

I wasn’t announced this time, my lipped sagged and the memories of working hard countless nights came to mind. “How dare they!” I said to myself.

  • When I am bitter, it is “impossible” to show love of any kind.
  • When I show rage, the root usually stems from my fight with GOD not with the other person.
  • When I am angry, it sometimes is introduced through disappointment of not getting my way.
  • When I brawl, I am standing too firm to thinking I am right.
  • When I slander, I want my way so bad that I will take someone down to get it.
  • When I look to harm someone, I have pretty much thrown GOD away and I am working on my own plan.

My pouting spread like a disease. Bitterness turned into discontent which led to many arguments. All of my relationships were affected and I couldn’t see it. Bitter people are blind and I was no exception.

  • GOD wants me to be compassionate especially when I don’t get my way.
  • HE wants me to forgive people who don’t deserve to be forgiven.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that HE became a human and was murdered to save me so I should act differently towards other humans.

After I was told that my attitude was bad I had a choice, stay in my funk or do something about it. Fortunately I did something about it and chose the GODLY road. By the way, two years later I won the award.

  • Are you bitter or angry?
  • Are you stuck on being angry about your situation?
  • Have you noticed your relationships are degrading?
  • Can you forgive the people who wronged you?
  • Can you move on and follow GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment