Thursday, October 21, 2010

Unity sounds so nice right now.

Ephesians 4: 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

============

My heart was heavy as I reviewed what seems to be going on in the world today. Many selfish couples are mad at each other because they are not getting “their way.” Politics are in the toilet because of the extreme hatred shown around the world. People laugh and joke about their sin as if GOD doesn’t mind or care.

This can make anyone want to throw up their hands and say “what’s the use!” BUT GOD speaks differently to me through these words. In order for the world to be better, I need show people who GOD is.
  • Instead of being arrogant, I can be confident yet humble.
  • Instead of being hostile, I can be stern yet gentle.
  • Instead of being impatient, I can be focused yet patient.
  • Instead of being judgmental, I can be realistic yet peace seeking.
GOD tells me to “make every effort to keep the unity of the SPIRIT through the bond of peace.” When the wheels are flying off my plans, I need to follow what HE tells me to do and remain calm.  HE will make the adjustments in the lives of others in order for me to assist them in HIS great unifying effort.

In other words, the first step to unity always has to be taken by me. Sound unfair? Sometimes, BUT GOD rewards me each time I make a step towards the unity HE wants me to show.  GOD made humans to get along with each other, I need to do this as much as I can, no matter how someone else is acting.

  • There is only ONE GOD.
  • There is only ONE hope.
  • There is only ONE SPIRIT.
  • There is only ONE body.
GOD is in everything and is everywhere. HE created people who live and think differently than I do. As much as I like to get my way, GOD wants unity.
  • How are your relationships?
  • Do you like to be “heard” or to “win” the argument?
  • Why is “your way” better than “their way?”

No comments:

Post a Comment