Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I wonder if my house is indestructible.

2 Peter 3:  11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

============

Drip, drip, drip was the noise, but I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. The sink was over there, but the sound came from somewhere else in the house. It was a sunny day which meant no rain so the mystery grew in my mind. I finally went into the basement and when I got there the ceiling fell down because it was soaked with water.

I had installed a faulty water filter on the refrigerator and all day, possibly all weekend long a small leak turned into a disaster. We had only been in our brand new, built from the ground, house two weeks.
  • One day the LORD will destroy Earth and the planets.
  • One day the LORD will get rid of everything HE cursed.
  • One day the LORD will take my cars, my house, my clothes, my money and my gadgets and burn them up.
I worked so hard to save up for that house and in one minute a small disaster happened. Last night my wife showed me a six minute video of the recent tsunami which displayed a street with no water turned into a rushing torrent. First small debris washed away, followed by a small car then trucks then a large boat and finally the buildings gave way. My disaster didn’t compare!
  • GOD says it’s alright to have stuff just know the stuff is temporary.
  • GOD says it’s alright to have stuff just don’t make stuff your goal.
  • GOD says it’s alright to have stuff but humans are far more precious than stuff.
It feels strange to be included in the “quacks” who talk about the end of the world. I mean, no one wants to say it nor does anyone want to hear it. Personally, I want to hear everyone will be wealthy and at peace until JESUS returns, but that is not the way it’s going to be. When GOD curses something HE means it.

HE cursed mankind and the earth because of sin. HE also made a plan of redemption through HIS SON. Now that I believe in HIM I can look forward to that wealth and peace in a new heaven and earth.
  • Are you worried about your “stuff?”
  • Are you trying to make yourself happy through your house, cars or clothes?
  • Do you realize all of these things are temporary?
  • Can you give something to someone in need today?

No comments:

Post a Comment