Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Keeping my head in the game yields results!

1 Peter 5: 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

============

Ring went the phone, yet I was afraid to answer it because a bill collector might be on the other side asking for their money. I was having one of those years when it seemed like everything was going wrong.

Tuition was due, my raggedy car seemed to be a money pit and my janitor job wasn’t paying enough to keep everything afloat. I felt discouraged and worried. My thoughts raced and I couldn’t think clearly.

  • When I focus on life’s circumstances then I get discouraged.
  • When I allow the devil to tempt me I fall easily to sin.
  • When I listen to lies from the devil I doubt GOD’s love and power.

Many times in my life I have doubted GOD’s love for me.  I believed HE died for my sins, but didn’t quite care about my life here on earth.  I sometimes thought HE was lurking behind me, waiting for me to make another mistake so HE could pounce on me with punishment. Then when I looked at the world, it seemed out of control. Where is GOD in all of this?

  • GOD knows the world is suffering so HE gives me strength to help others.
  • GOD understands every pain I have faced and HE renews my faith daily.
  • GOD knows my weaknesses and HE uses them to show HIS strength.

GOD’s love for me is untarnished, unadulterated, unblemished and unyielding. HE pursues me and applauds when I sincerely focus on HIM and HIS people. GOD is the GOD of grace, mercy and love. HE is the ultimate forgiver and the everlasting mercy monger. All HE asks me to do is “be alert and of sober mind” so I can see HIS love.

  • Is it hard for you to see GOD’s love in your life?
  • Do you think you are being punished constantly by GOD?
  • Can you see GOD’s grace in the middle of your circumstances?
  • Can you stop worrying to think clearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment