Mark 9: 21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”
“From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
Being raised in a family who believed in GOD enabled me to understand who HE was at an early age. I was privileged to have parents who read and understood the Bible and who taught me to do the same. But my teenage years hit and I questioned the validity of what they taught me and of their belief.
Life happened and troubles flared. There was a part of me that disowned GOD until I was on my own facing the largest trials of my life at that time. Upon returning to GOD I asked for help, but I had disowned HIM. I mean I didn’t believe HE would forgive me and I didn’t feel like I deserved to be listened to.
- I believe GOD created the world and everything in it but sometimes I question how.
- I believe GOD became a human to fulfill HIS decree but sometimes I ask why.
- I believe GOD allows me to sin yet HE remains sinless and gives me pure love but sometimes I turn my back on HIS forgiveness.
Humans cannot and will not understand who and what GOD is. HE revealed a little of HIMSELF by giving me the Bible but this is only a glimpse of HIS true and marvelous power. HE is all knowing, all seeing and is everywhere and has all power. Part of me believes that, yet I try to steer my destiny.
I do believe everything is possible to those who believe. I have seen some marvelous things in my own life that can only be attributed to GOD. My only prayer is “LORD help the part of me that doesn’t believe so I can stop trying to steer my own life so much!”
- Are you trying to do things GOD is supposed to be doing?
- Will you allow HIM to fix what is broken in you?
- Can you ask HIM to help the part of you that doesn’t believe?