Friday, June 17, 2011

Adventurous life doesn’t happen when I hide!

Matthew 28: 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

============

Several times in my life it seems like I have taken a beating. I mean a beating on all fronts, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. During these rough patches I easily get into a rut.

Drained of energy, I easily move with the tide of life. Even the problems become hum-drum. This is when I just feel like hiding from everyone until everything blows over.

  • I don’t feel like serving GOD or anyone when I’m feeling low.
  • I don’t feel like being cheerful when I have “this” or “that” problem hanging over my head.
  • I don’t feel like faking my smile when there are glaring issues in my life.

Issues in my life take my eyes off of GOD.  When I don’t see what HE can do for me then I run and hide from everyone hoping my issues will go away. Unfortunately things just get worse when I do this. The best thing I can do is come out of hiding and focus on JESUS.

  • JESUS said “go” not “stay put” because nothing can harm my soul.
  • JESUS told me to make disciples of “all” nations not just my own kind, this rids me of prejudice.
  • JESUS stated that I should “baptize” or have people publicly declare that HE is LORD of all.
  • JESUS articulated my teaching is valuable no matter how much or little I know the Bible.

JESUS has been given “ALL” authority in heaven and on earth and “NOTHING” can stop HIM. HE wants me to have an amazing life and it starts with coming out of hiding and telling all who I know about HIM, HIS FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT. 

I don’t mean teaching in a judgmental, nut-bag way. I mean teaching from a sincere loving graceful way that draws mankind to GOD. When I came out of hiding, I have had the best adventure each day!

  • Is your life mundane?
  • Are you stuck in a rut of problems?
  • Will you grab life’s adventure of serving others for GOD?
  • Is GOD calling you to a higher purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment