Friday, June 10, 2011

All things are possible!

Matthew 19: 25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
 26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

============

Who can be saved? “What am I being saved from” should be the question. I mean won’t I live a rich life then die and cease to exist? Many people have doubted the “afterlife” especially those who attend church.

  • Ignoring the fact that GOD has a SON who died for “all” my sins shows I doubt the afterlife.
  • Ignoring the fact that GOD is in control of today’s problems shows I doubt the afterlife.
  • Ignoring the fact that GOD has appointed a “specific” day and method for my death shows I doubt the afterlife.
  • Ignoring the fact that GOD cursed Satan, demons, the earth and the worldly possessions I crave shows I doubt the afterlife.

I fight, fear and worry over today’s life. In fact, I work hard to stockpile a great amount of wealth so that I can feel secure, thinking this will “save” me. GOD says no amount of wealth can save me so I may as well share the wealth HE has entrusted to me.

  • My purpose in life is to have a relationship with GOD.
  • My purpose in life is to have a relationship with people who believe in GOD.
  • My purpose in life is to have a relationship with people who do not believe in GOD, serving them in hopes that someday they will believe in GOD!

Sometimes I assume people know what I stand for so please allow me to clarify.

  • When I mention “GOD” I mean GOD the Father, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT.
  • When I mention “saved” I mean saved from eternal separation from GOD in Hell.
  • When I mention “worldly stuff I’m chasing” I mean homes, cars, TV’s, cellphones, clothes, power, fame, fortune and anything else that takes my eyes off of the “afterlife.”

GOD did an amazing thing by saving me. As many sins as I have committed in my life, HE still looked at my life and died for me. Who can be saved? A person like me.

  • Are you fighting for security here on earth?
  • Do you believe in GOD’s kingdom?
  • Are you still lusting over the world’s possessions or are you hoping others will believe in GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment