Friday, June 3, 2011

GOD wants me to have an “amazing” life!

Matthew 14: 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

 27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
 28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
   29 “Come,” he said.

   Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
 31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

============

Hollywood and it’s special effects have always amazed me.  In many instances they have tried to help me visualize GOD and HIS power. They used glass to have an actor walk on water and computer graphics to simulate a bush burning but never being consumed.

Peter actually walked on water and GOD didn’t mind that he asked to do this miraculous thing. In his normal “act first” and think second behavior he was able to do something amazing. I thought about this once and told GOD, “If you are GOD then heal my eyes” because I didn’t want to wear glasses. I’m still wearing glasses!
  • GOD doesn’t perform “parlor tricks” for my amusement.
  • When GOD performs a miracle it is used specifically to draw the attention to HIM not me.
  • GOD can tell when my request is selfish and when I want to use HIS power to make me look good.
I have heard preachers speak about the waves representing life’s worries or Peter’s sinking representing taking your eyes off of JESUS. These are great messages, but Peter “walked on water!” Wow! JESUS didn’t mind at all, in fact HE seemed like HE expected Peter to do this and more.
  • With enough faith I too can do supernatural things as long as my faith is in GOD.
  • With enough faith I can overcome a GOD sized situation because GOD is with me.
  • With enough faith I can ask GOD for something in GOD’s will and it “will” be given to me.
In my life I have seen people healed from deadly diseases without medicine, I have witnessed large amounts of money arriving to people who didn’t know where to turn, I have observed the right person being delivered to the right place at the right time and known it was more than a coincidence! GOD wants me to have an “amazing” life and HE is bigger than what I make HIM!
  • Have you made GOD smaller than HE really is?
  • Do you believe HE can perform miracles today?
  • Will you allow GOD to get “all” the attention if HE performed a miracle in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment