Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let me judge you!

Matthew 16: 12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

============

“Crash, Bang, Ha, Ha, Ha” were the sounds in the hallway before the first day of classes. I went out and said “could you hold it down?” At that moment one of the guys crept up behind me and pulled down my pants!

Later that week we were finished with our classes and wanted to enjoy a little music. As I cranked up the decibels another neighbor, who was not involved in the commotion, asked “could you guys hold it down?” “Who does he think he is? Everyone makes noise, he just has to deal with it.”
  • When I judge people I am trying to get things my way.
  • When I judge people I have a double standard.
  • When I judge people I am saying that you do not meet “my” standards.
It seems like everyone else is stupid when I judge others. I mean, “Why don’t they just do it my way and things will be fine.” “The leaders are smart until they don’t agree with me” is the attitude I worked from BUT GOD thinks differently.
  • Every human is loved dearly by GOD.
  • Every opposing view from others is not wrong.
  • Every thought I have towards another person has to be compared with the compassion of GOD.
It’s real easy to hate others or dislike what they do. In some instances I can clearly justify why I think they are wrong because I “followed the rules.” BUT GOD truly wants me to have compassion on those who do not deserve it.
  • Is someone treating you wrong?
  • Do you want something bad to happen to them?
  • Can you have compassion on them even if they are wrong?
  • Will you drop the double standard and treat the person the way GOD wants you to treat them?

No comments:

Post a Comment