Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Living life with “purpose.”

Matthew 25: 21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

============

My supervisor had given me the easiest assignment so I could finish my work in half the allotted time. After doing this a few times I saw an opportunity for me to jump in my car, go home, eat, watch TV and return unnoticed.

“I am going to fire you one day” were the surprising words I heard from my boss’s mouth. “How did he know” ran through my mind. I guess it was the smell of food and half done work that gave me away.

  • When no one is looking, GOD is watching me.
  • When I have something good and I use it for evil, I come out on bottom.
  • When my thoughts are constantly on getting “over” on people rather than helping them, I come out on bottom.

My life should have meaning, purpose, goals, but when I squander my life on selfish gain I lose out on GOD’s wonderful blessings. GOD wants to use my life to do some amazing things and HE requires me to be excited about HIM and HIS SON.

  • When I use my talents to tell someone about JESUS, the FATHER gets excited.
  • When I use my time to focus on worshipping our LORD and SAVIOR I receive blessings beyond my wildest dreams.
  • When I use my treasure to further GOD’s kingdom HE not only sustains me, but HE grows my wealth to share with others.

I am not trying to say I need to work my way into heaven, but when I am obedient to GOD’s leadership I have never been disappointed. Being faithful to GOD has truly been a blessing to me throughout the years.

  • What talents has GOD given you?
  • Are you using them to grow HIS kingdom or squandering them on selfish gain?
  • Will you focus a little of your time on serving someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment