Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Who is my family?

Mark 3: 34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

============

Arguments ensued as the discussion over my grandmother’s house was the topic. Several uncles and aunts were ready to disown family members, especially those who stepped up and paid for the property. I was caught in the crossfire and I fully understood this passage of scripture.

  • Once I accepted CHRIST I joined a new family.
  • Once I believed I needed to be rescued by JESUS I joined a new family.
  • Once I acknowledged JESUS as GOD who died for my sins I joined a new family.

Over the years I have heard about mothers trying to kill their kids, fathers walking out on families, brothers attacking each other sisters hurling insults at each other. If the hate runs that deep then they aren’t family. 

Personally I have hundreds of sons and daughters who are not my flesh and blood relatives rather they are my relatives through JESUS who unites us. I have several earthly mothers and fathers but we all have one HEAVENLY FATHER.

  • Those whom I serve or who serve me are my family.
  • Those who sincerely call on the name of the LORD are my family.
  • Those admit they are sinners rather than those who pretend to be perfect are my family.

I have family members I have met from all over the world in various races and denominations of worshipping GOD. This is a great family!

  • Are you feeling left out of your family?
  • Do you need to be accepted?
  • Have you tried JESUS and HIS family?
  • Are there some in the church who do not act like your family?
  • Are you acting like a family member of GOD or are you starting or causing problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment