John 1: 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
Wow! I guess the Bible is clear about JESUS being GOD especially in that last verse. I really could not think of a life lesson I could share today because this recording of history says it all.
The “final say” became a human and lived with us. People brought their problems to HIM and had expectations that HE would resolved everything the way they wanted HIM to resolve them. They mistreated JESUS without knowing HE was GOD.
I treat JESUS the same way. I put an expectation in my mind and blame GOD when HE does something different. Fortunately for me GOD has limitless grace and unshakeable mercy. Sometimes I say, “Who cares, JESUS died for my sins, so what does that have to do with my current situation?”
- In a world of uncertainty JESUS is the only one who provides me with absolute truth.
- In a world where hatred reigns JESUS is the only one who gives me grace to its fullest.
- In a world of egotistical, power hungry, manipulative, greedy whoremongers JESUS is the only one who provides me with forgiveness for being that way.
Any and every one who can see their need for a savior can reach out to JESUS and be saved from eternal separation from HIM. HE gave me a lifetime to serve HIM, how much of it is squandered on a worthless path? JESUS, GOD, decided to forgive me, that is “Great News!”
- Do you say to GOD “what have YOU done for me lately?”
- Have you tried to make GOD your servant?
- Will you praise GOD for coming to your rescue?
- Are you willing to take off your spiritual blindfold and see how GOD is working in your life?
- Can you audibly tell someone about JESUS today?