Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I’d rather be broken by GOD!

Luke 20: 17 Jesus looked directly at them and asked, “Then what is the meaning of that which is written:

   “‘The stone the builders rejected
   has become the cornerstone’?

   18 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”

============

There have been times in my life where I flat out made the wrong choices.  I don’t know what drove me to the bad decisions I made. Was it lust? Was it greed? Was it fear, doubt, or worry that drove me to a bad decision? It was probably all of the above.

Sin seemed like the right choice at that time but it “always” made matters worse. Where was I to turn, what was I to do?
  • GOD wants to break my life so HE can save it.
  • GOD wants to break the chains of my small thinking in order to give me freedom.
  • GOD wants to break my habit of trying to do HIS job so that I can sit and watch HIS deliverance!
Pride and arrogance are two things GOD can’t stand about me. I fuel them when I think “I” accomplished something without GOD’s help. HE has infinite ways to crush arrogance and pride out of me.
  • Crushing is final, breaking can be repaired.
  • Crushing means GOD wants nothing to do with me, breaking means HE is fixing me.
  • Crushing is what GOD does to worthless items, breaking is how GOD refines HIS precious implements.
Just like glass is recycled, GOD breaks me, tosses me into HIS furnace of uncomfortable situations and reshapes me into something HE can use. I’d rather fall on “the rock,” as the old folks would say, than have it fall on me.
  • What parts of your life are you trying to hold on to?
  • Is pride and arrogance leading you to be crushed?
  • Have you asked GOD to break you so HE can refine you?
  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD with false humility?

No comments:

Post a Comment