Friday, September 16, 2011

Act with “love” for you never know…

Luke 22: 14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.”

============

Tears flowed down my wife’s face as she announced the death of a friend’s sister. Death has not been a stranger to this family as it has visited each year for a number of years in a row. Is GOD in the middle of death?  I know I’m getting older, but death seems to be coming at an alarming rate amongst people younger than me.

  • As a follower of GOD it’s tough for me to understand that I have a very specific day and way I am going to die.
  • As a follower of GOD it’s tough for me to understand why people have to suffer in life.
  • As a follower of GOD it’s difficult to not feel lonely when yet another person passes away.

JESUS knew the specific time and method of HIS death.  HE acted with pure love every day HE walked the earth.  HE truly wanted to be with HIS adopted family one last time before HE would be murdered and blamed for all “my” sins.

This was a time of mixed feelings.  “Hooray” should have been shouted because the KING was there to save anyone who believed in HIS position as savior of the world. Yet it was a downer because the healer, friend and teacher was no longer going to be with them until their death.

  • JESUS knew I would miss loved ones when they die so HE sent the COMFORTER to me.
  • JESUS knew I would miss loved ones when they die so HE gave me hope to see them again someday.
  • JESUS knew I would miss loved ones when they die so HE wept for me in true sorrow for what I have to go through.

HE has pure love and compassion unlike humans who side with their cause of the day. HE loves and gives me a future so I need to live each day with grace, mercy and love for I never know when a loved one will not be here.

  • Are you angry at that person?
  • Can you find it in your hear to reconcile before it’s too late?
  • Is it already too late?
  • Can you find it in your heart to forgive yourself and keep living for GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment