Monday, September 26, 2011

I want “heartburn.”

Luke 24: 30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

 33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.

============

My faith in GOD is pretty weak at times. I want to see some of the cool stuff happen that’s written in the Bible. The only problem is I want to see the miraculous situations before I believe GOD and HIS power. I mean, why did HE do all those marvelous things in front of the people in the Bible and not in front of me?
  • JESUS can be sitting right in front of me and I am too blind to see HIM.
  • JESUS can be saying something to me and I am too deaf to hear HIM.
  • JESUS can be walking with me and I am too scared to notice HIM.
JESUS explained how the entire Bible was written about HIM to Cleopas and his friend. On this seven mile journey to Emmaus JESUS explained everything.
  • HE talked about how HE walked in the garden with Adam and Eve.
  • HE explained how HE would meet with Moses and how HE showed him HIS glory as HE walked past Moses.
  • HE explained how it was HIM in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
  • HE explained ever interaction HE had with the prophets and David.
JESUS is the only ONE who can tell humans what the Bible really means. Preachers and teachers do a good job but they can only relate to GOD’s messages. JESUS can set my heart on fire so that it truly burns. This requires me to open my spiritual ears and eyes to what GOD is doing right in front of me.

When my eyes are opened, there GOD is right in front of me. HE usually appears as the person in need or HE sends me the antagonist who is trying to thwart HIS plans. Either way the HOLY SPIRIT stirs my heart to act as only GOD would want me to act. HE wants me to serve because HE sacrificed everything for me.

  • When you “hear” a message from GOD through reading, listening or seeing does it stir you to actually do something?
  • Do you have a sense of urgency regarding your relationship with GOD?
  • What message is HE giving you to tell “that” person?

No comments:

Post a Comment