Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No more doubts no more fear!

Luke 24: 36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

 37 They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. 38 He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? 39 Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”

============

Timid steps toward the middle of the first room caused my heart to pound. “I dare you to go into the next room,” I heard someone shout accompanied by their laughter. A few of us stuck our foot into the next room then someone screamed “AHHH” and we all ran out of the supposedly “haunted” abandoned house.

My heart was beating a mile a minute but the fright quickly turned into laughter. Why couldn’t life be like that?

  • Life brings on some frightening circumstances that cause my mind to race to the negative.
  • Life brings on some evil situations that make me wonder how I am going to survive.
  • Life brings on some circumstances that make me cry out “GOD do you care?”

Peace is what GOD is constantly trying to give me yet circumstances, situations and troubling news takes my eyes off of this lovely gift. My feeble plans tend to trump GOD’s rest and my blindness to HIS greatness gets in the way.

  • GOD the FATHER wants me to relax and listen to HIS small still voice.
  • GOD the SON wants me to have peace during this and every circumstance because HE took care of everything!
  • GOD the HOLY SPIRIT wants me to chill because HE is in me reminding me of all the situations HE has brought me through in the past.

GOD has given me all I need but it truly is frightening at times. I can only get down on my knees and say “help” sometimes. But there are other times when I say “Okay LORD, YOU got this one. I can’t wait to see YOUR plan unfold.”

HE says “Peace be with you” to those who can “hear” HIM. When I feel lonely, anxious or flat out fearful, GOD says “I will be with you always!” That means right now, tomorrow, next month and ten years from now! GOD works hard to give me peace all I have to do is accept it.

  • Are you frightened about something?
  • What are you nervous about that GOD cannot handle?
  • Have you set your expectations so high on “that” thing that you are blinding yourself to GOD?
  • Won’t you choose to not worry and let the situation play itself out watching GOD do HIS work?

No comments:

Post a Comment