Friday, December 9, 2011

Am I Listening?

John 18: 36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

 37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.

   Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

============

Winning is the prime objective in business. If you are not a winner, you are a loser! I took that to heart and “won” quite often. After numerous promotions I was summoned to take on another challenge. Get rid of a large number of employees so the company could remain profitable.

I heard the voice of compassion say “don’t do this.” Was I getting soft? Where did that come from and why now?

  • GOD speaks to me every day I just don’t listen to HIM.
  • GOD speaks to me and tells me to serve HIM I just want my way.
  • GOD speaks to me with love and compassion expecting me to follow HIS example I ignore it and crush my opponents.

People have said to me “I can’t hear GOD” and I tell them I hear HIM every day and ignore HIM often. Because I don’t fully trust HIM or I want my way, I ignore HIS cry to be compassionate or kind, or pure, or loving. But when I do listen to HIM marvelous thing happen!

  • When I listen to GOD I reach people for HIM.
  • When I listen to GOD I always benefit.
  • When I listen to GOD I change my ways instead of getting my way!

Miracles happen in front of my face and situations disappear before my eyes when I listen to GOD long enough. It takes my seeking heart to want to hear HIM.

  • Are you seeking GOD or your own way?
  • Have you intentionally tried to follow HIS ways?
  • Will you try to learn about GOD for the purpose of having a better relationship with HIM?
  • Do you know the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment