Monday, December 5, 2011

Hope

John 16:  33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

============

Many times I have struggled with fear, worry and doubt. Whether it was an upcoming test or a short deadline or watching my bank account dwindle, every situation had the same ingredient. I was scared! Each situation seemed hopeless.

I mean once “I” was lost at the amusement park and I lost five dollars and couldn’t ride the rides. I cried! Wait that was kid stuff, what does being scared as a child have to do the big troubles I face today?
  • Just like a child, I get nervous about situations.
  • Just like a child, I think the worse is going to happen instead of the best.
  • Just like a child, I cry when the situation seems hopeless and then I start praying.
When I go through circumstances, it’s hard to see how CHRIST has overcome the world’s troubles. I mean, I’m still going through trials and it just doesn’t feel like GOD has a handle on “insert worry.”
  • When GOD says “Have peace” HE means for me to sop being frantic and calm down a minute.
  • When GOD says “Don’t worry” HE wants me to stop letting my mind go wild, thinking negative thoughts.
  • When GOD says “I have overcome the world” HE means HE has taken care of “EVERY” situation.
JESUS death, resurrection and elevation enables HIM to be “the” authority over any and every situation. What seems hopeless to me is easy for HIM. In, what seems to be, amazing moves, HE orchestrates situations that require me to walk with HIM, talk with HIM along life’s narrow way.

My current pastor says “GOD will make a way when it seems to be no way.” GOD says, “I AM the way so DON’T worry!” The two statements go hand in hand. I can rest assured that GOD has definitely taken care of everything!
  • Are you worried about something?
  • Do you know that you will go through troubles?
  • Since you expect troubles can you trust that GOD will deliver you in an amazing way?

No comments:

Post a Comment