Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bring it on!

John 15: 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

============

As I sat and pondered the jobs I’ve had over the years it boiled down to good relationships versus bad relationships that made the job exciting or less tolerable. One job I had a boss who signed me up for training and stretched my thinking. 

Another I had an insecure micromanager who wanted to steal my ideas and take credit at every turn. In my pondering I remembered a boss where no matter what I did I wasn’t going to be right. The person seemed to be fueled with hatred and successfully tripped me up at every turn. What could I do? From prize winner to prize fighter it seemed like a daily battle.
  • There are some people in this world who are out for themselves.
  • There are some people in this world who will not like me nor will they appreciate me for me.
  • There are some people in this world who cannot see why I do things a certain way because their focus is on self rather than GOD.
People say “business is not personal” but it is. Relationships have to be maintained and perceptions guarded. This dance can get quite tiring especially when one runs into a person fueled with a conquering mentality. Sounds hopeless, what can be done?
  • GOD wants me to remember HE became a human because of HIS love and died because of the world’s hatred.
  • GOD wants me to talk about HIS love even though there will be people who question my motives and actions.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE loves me perfectly so others can feel the same way from HIM.
Don’t get me wrong by thinking that I believe I am perfect. Careless words and actions blaze my trails daily. In other words I do and say dumb stuff and need forgiveness like everyone else. I have lived long enough to understand, however, there are some people who cannot be pleased by me and they will actually not like my love for GOD.

They will not understand my need to worship the FATHER nor will they be willing to acknowledge JESUS as being equal to the FATHER. They will not be able to see I am forgiven for all wrongdoings and I am protected not because I am smart but because I am dumb to GOD’s ways.

Of course the world hates me and I say "bring it on!" Each person has to stand before GOD alone and my hope is no longer in the world, rather it is focused on how GOD wants me to serve HIM.
  • Do you feel persecuted by “that” person?
  • Is there someone in your life who you cannot please?
  • Are your actions focused on GOD’s ways or your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment