Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Do I really know what to believe in?

John 20: 6 Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen.

8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9 (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.)

============

Pranks could easily be played on me because gullible was stamped on my forehead. Blind faith was my “strength” and a weakness as the con artist or liar covered their tracks well. Soon my blind faith just turned into blindness toward believing in anything. I didn’t want to be burned again.
  • Life has a way of making me cynical.
  • Life has a way of placing negativity in front of me causing me to want to give up.
  • Life has a way of reducing my dreams turning them into the mundane.
Like a whipped animal with a broken spirit, I moped around thinking “why believe?” I mean what good is church or “believing” anyway when it seems like evil people are easily getting their way?
  • JESUS died for my sins because HE is concerned about my eternal life.
  • JESUS sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live in me because HE is concerned about my earthly life.
  • JESUS is building a new heaven and a new Earth for me because HE wants an awesome relationship with me forever!
Even the disciples who watched HIM heal people, walk on water, create things right in front of their faces and raise dead people, still did not grasp the magnitude of what JESUS did. Quite frankly I don’t either but I know this, HE has done some incredible things in my life! 

If given the choice of “my way” or “GOD’s strange way”, I nervously choose GOD’s way to guide my path and relieve my worries, doubts and fears. I choose to believe.
  • What do you believe in?
  • Do you have blind faith that GOD will work everything out?
  • Are you fighting against GOD with your lifestyle?
  • What are you doing to make changes in your life specifically for serving GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment