Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I’m no longer scared!

Acts 2: 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25 David said about him:

   “‘I saw the Lord always before me.
   Because he is at my right hand,
   I will not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
   my body also will rest in hope,

============

Future situations seemed to cause this gripping fear that would cripple me. It was the unknown making me ask “what if I fail,” “what if it doesn’t work,” “what if I lose my life,” “what if I get hurt.” Fear of the unknown seemed to hold me back.

  • The future can be quite unsettling when I look with my own eyes.
  • The future can look quite bleak when I pay attention to the news.
  • The future can seem quite depressing when I lose my way to my dream.

I guess in my past training I was taught to consider the worst case scenario but in doing so I can’t seem to see a good scenario. I panic and only see the bad BUT GOD sees beyond this place of wrath and tears.

  • With GOD on my side, nothing can go wrong.
  • With GOD on my side, I can face all situations head on.
  • With GOD on my side, I can be filled with joy which causes me to rest.

GOD is the one who has the plans and HIS plans never fail. As long as I keep my mind focused on HIS plans I will never fail. HE already suffered the agony of death and was too powerful to remain there. HE is always before me, protecting me and leading me. HE gives me “hope.”

  • What are you placing your hope in?
  • Are you waiting for more money?
  • Are you waiting on situations to change before you start serving GOD?
  • Will you place your hope in GOD and know your situation has been overcome?
  • Can you start serving others in the middle of your situation, showing others you have hope in GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment