Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My super power

Acts 1: 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

============

With my hands stretched forward and a towel as my cape I transformed into Superman. Grabbing a decorative post and scaling our house I was now Spiderman. “I bet I can lift that cinder block over my head” thinking I transformed into the Incredible Hulk. My mother gave me an ice pack to place on the hickey on my head from that stunt. I guess I am no superhero.
  • My misconception of what “power” is causes me to be scared of telling someone about CHRIST.
  • My fear of being rejected causes me to hesitate and second guess telling someone about CHRIST.
  • My image or the titles I have achieved causes me to hide my message of telling someone about CHRIST.
I don’t know what I was looking for when I desired to be a superhero. Maybe they would listen to me, maybe they wouldn’t pick on me or maybe I could fix broken things. GOD said “My power is sufficient to help you with all of those things.”
  • By accepting my weakness I can attach myself to GOD’s power.
  • By admitting I am a sinner I can receive the most powerful being into my life.
  • By facing my troubles instead of running away I can watch GOD work right in front of my eyes.
  • By obeying GOD I can bear as much fruit as HE can give me in my neighborhood, city, country and many other countries.
It seems like GOD does not mind using a sinner like me who carries fear, blame, lust, anger, and other opposition to HIS ways. HE has given me “super” power to go out and be an ambassador to HIS kingdom. Whether it is a simple smile, a silent prayer or words that melt the heart, GOD can use my action when my purpose is focused on HIS kingdom.
  • Do you want to feel special?
  • Do you realize GOD made you specifically to reach “that” person and only you can do it?
  • Can you add GOD’s purpose to your life?
  • Is GOD telling you to “go?”

No comments:

Post a Comment