Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Your problem is finished!

John 19: 28 Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

============

Tears flowed from my eyes, I could hardly drive. I had to make it because my kids were in the car and there was no other driver. Another sharp pain shot through my head which seemed like a bolt of lightning striking my face. After making it home I made a futile attempt at relief from some over the counter medications. My tooth was definitely infected!
  • When I am going through problems, I can’t seem to see anything outside of the problem.
  • When I am going through problems, I want relief NOW!
  • When I am going through problems, I try to fix them and I am not always successful.
My toothache required a dentist and my problems in life require GOD. My worries and distress are like the shooting pains of a toothache. I can’t seem to get my mind off of them. GOD has a plan for my worries.
  • When JESUS said “It is finished” HE meant HE had fulfilled every requirement it would take to become perfection.
  • When JESUS said “It is finished” HE meant HE had taken care of all of my mistakes, issues and problems.
  • When JESUS said “It is finished” HE meant He was and is worthy of planning great things in my life and no “one” or no “thing” can stand in HIS way.
HE knows every problem, every pain. HE knows every doubt, every fear. HE reaches the depths of my soul and sees something great in me that no one else can see. When HE says “it is finished” I can believe it!
  • What are you going through?
  • Are you sick and tired of being sick and tired?
  • Can you take a moment in the middle of your pain to praise GOD for taking care of your situation even before it’s done?
  • What greatness is GOD preparing you for?

No comments:

Post a Comment