Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Crossing the finish line feels great!

Acts 28:  28 “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” 29After he said this, the Jews left, arguing vigorously among themselves.

 30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31 He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

============

Rounding the bend I could hear cheering off in the distance but I couldn’t see anyone. My legs were so tired and I was out of breath, I felt like giving up! Finally as I turned the corner I could see the crowd and I got a little renewed energy to continue.

The distance was no longer an obstacle and adrenaline shot through my body. “Maybe I can finish”, I thought. As I crossed the finish line from the race I had just run, it was exhilarating!
  • Living for CHRIST is like running a race that sometimes seems too difficult to finish.
  • Living for CHRIST is like running a race that seems like the enemy is winning and I am alone.
  • Living for CHRIST is like running a race that seems full of obstacles that hinder me.
Paul had been wrongfully jailed and told to “shut up” his persistent discussions about JESUS. The message he presented caused riots amongst those who could not accept the Gospel. Paul appealed his sentence all the way up to Caesar and was able to present the Great News about JESUS to a much greater crowd.

After all the pain he went through, Paul was finally able to live amongst those who wanted to hear the message GOD sent. He had crossed the finish line “with boldness and without hindrance.”
  • When an obstacle appears, GOD enables me to finish strong by going around it.
  • When enemies attack, GOD enables me to remain in the race by praying for them.
  • When life seems too difficult, GOD enables me to see HIS power as HE removes harmful things from my hands.
Freedom is what we all aspire to have and one day it is coming, but until then I would rather be chained to GOD and finish the race than continuing down a losing path.
  • Are you trapped?
  • Do you feel closed in?
  • Can you connect your plans to GOD and finish HIS way?
  • Are you willing to start over and try GOD’s plan this time?
  • Are you willing to “lose” your life so you can “gain” it back, this time more fully?

No comments:

Post a Comment