Monday, February 20, 2012

They just don’t understand

Acts 25: 18 When his accusers got up to speak, they did not charge him with any of the crimes I had expected. 19 Instead, they had some points of dispute with him about their own religion and about a dead man named Jesus who Paul claimed was alive. 20 I was at a loss how to investigate such matters; so I asked if he would be willing to go to Jerusalem and stand trial there on these charges.

============

“Shocked” was the look many people gave me when I told them I was going on my first missions trip. “Why now?”, “why you?”, “don’t we have enough problems here?” were only a few of the questions I got as I discussed my plans. Funny, these questions were from people who claimed to follow CHRIST.

  • It seems like there are times GOD has me do some unusual things that benefit the kingdom.
  • It seems like there are times GOD directs me to do things people don’t understand that benefits the kingdom.
  • It seems like there are times GOD leads me to places I would never go but it benefits the kingdom.

GOD desires that no one will perish and HE wants anyone who is willing to go out and spread HIS message of love, grace and mercy. HE wants me to be open to going to my neighbors, my city, other states and even other countries if HE tells me to.  This openness is the beginning of compassion for “all” humans not just the ones I would choose.

Many people will question the timing, method or reason for me serving GOD.  It seems like each time I have gone on a trip, money was an issue or some event was in conflict or some other reason was a better option. Even writing down a daily devotional is questioned as people ask “why do you do that?” or “why make yourself look bad?” There is a harsh reality to relaying HIS message that must be coupled with “love.”

  • GOD’s message will remain strange to those who are not seeking HIM but I must try anyway.
  • GOD’s method will be doubted by those whose faith is small but I must have faith anyway.
  • GOD’s timing will seem inconvenient to people but I must accept HIS timing and HIS plan.

Paul tried to explain JESUS’ resurrection to people who could care less. They treated him like some religious fanatic and he was ostracized. GOD desires HIS simple message of love to be given even though people may not receive it.

  • Are you trying to live for GOD and people do not understand what you are doing?
  • Are people confused by your decision to serve GOD more and more?
  • Can you stay the course while delivering HIS message with love, compassion and grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment