Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do I sell my soul?

Acts 19: 24 A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in a lot of business for the craftsmen there. 25 He called them together, along with the workers in related trades, and said: “You know, my friends, that we receive a good income from this business.

26 And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that gods made by human hands are no gods at all.

27 There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited; and the goddess herself, who is worshiped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty.”

============

Looking back I see how hard I worked to have a “good life.” Once I worked in vain thirty six hours straight on a proposal for a company who did not land the project. Why did I put myself through all that torture? Was it cash or a title or both? All I know is I didn’t see my family nor did I eat right and most of all I did not talk to GOD one minute.

  • When I am too busy for GOD then my work is a god.
  • When I am driving for something without GOD my drive is worthless.
  • When I am motivated for cash instead of living for GOD then my motives will turn evil quickly.
I have lied for cash, stolen cash, and slandered for cash. Okay, most of what I did would be considered mild comparatively BUT GOD doesn’t compare me to another person; HE compares me to HIS SON when checking for perfection. HE quickly sees my flaws and it infuriates HIM when I put other things in front of HIM.
  • GOD demands HE should be first in my life above any job or amount of cash.
  • GOD wants me to actually love being with HIM rather than feeling obligated and resentful.
  • GOD directs me to never ever consider another god to be greater than HIM!
It’s a huge mistake to think a human, or a piece of metal or a fortune or a celestial fragment could be more powerful than GOD HIMSELF. Anything that gets in the way of GOD can and will be torn down so my focus needs to be on HIM as best I can.
  • What are you most concerned about in life right now?
  • Are you putting a sinful lifestyle before GOD?
  • Do you truly think that getting more of what you are seeking will satisfy you?
  • Can you reduce your pursuit of earthly happiness and increase your pursuit of eternal bliss?
  • Do you realize wealth is fine but if it is all you pursue then it is a god?

No comments:

Post a Comment