Monday, February 6, 2012

I admit it I did it

Acts 19: 18 Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done. 19 A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. 20 In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power.

============

“Spray paint!” I thought to myself.  I searched the garage vigorously to see if I could find a can that matched. Believe it or not I did! Well it sort of matched. I backed the car into the garage and began my body work on my mothers’ car. I tried to cover up the dent from the accident I was in.

Yes it was the guys’ fault but he had no insurance and I had no experience in making sure he paid for the damage. I figured I would just paint the car and explain everything later… much later!
  • When I try to hide my sins I can’t get better.
  • When I try to hide my sins I never grow up in following GOD.
  • When I try to hide my sins I don’t admit I need JESUS’ help.
Hidden sin is the worst sin. At least if I were blatant with my sins, someone could approach me with correction then I would have a choice to follow GOD or not. When I sin and try to hide it, the HOLY SPIRIT says to me “you shouldn’t have done that.” HE never repeats HIMSELF but let’s me know I am forgiven when I admit my maleficence.
  • Admitting sin is never easy at first but gets easier the more I do it.
  • Admitting sin lifts all kinds of burdens from my conscience.
  • Admitting sin doesn’t give me the license to sin more but helps me identify areas of weakness that I need accountability for.
  • Admitting sin enables me to live a victorious life because I have GOD on my side.

It’s funny how GOD works. HE tells me I must confess my sins and believe HIS SON died for them. I can never be good enough or strong enough to break my way into an eternal relationship with GOD.  Confession says “GOD I need you” rather than “I will hide my sins and try to make it on my own.” 

I can now say “LORD, I admit I am wrong in YOUR eyes and I want an everlasting relationship with YOU.”
  • Are you hiding something?
  • Are you trying to cover up your sin?
  • What do you think you will gain by trying to hide any sin from GOD?
  • Do you know the embarrassment of admitting your sin is far better than a broken relationship with JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment