Friday, February 3, 2012

I must plan the right way

Acts 18: 20 When they asked him to spend more time with them, he declined. 21 But as he left, he promised, “I will come back if it is God’s will.” Then he set sail from Ephesus.

============

“I will call” or “I will be at that event” or “I will achieve that certain level within so many years” was my style of talking in the past. The funny thing was I didn’t call, or I may have achieved the level but the grass was dead at the top and I missed “that” event I promised I would attend.

Why is the future so uncertain?
  • When I plan without considering GOD, my plans fail.
  • When I plan without considering what GOD is doing, I get in the way of what HE is doing in my life.
  • When I plan without considering how GOD has blessed me in the past, I move forward with fear.
“If the LORD is willing and the creek don’t rise” was a statement my elders used to say. This colloquialism is to say “If GOD allows me to.” Many times I failed in my plans because I didn’t see what GOD was doing. I ran fast and steady while being blind to GOD.
  • “If it is GOD’s will” should be said before I make my plan.
  • “If it is GOD’s will” should be said when a desire pops into my head.
  • “If it is GOD’s will” should be said about any movement I make.
What happens when I do something without it being “GOD’s will?” GOD allows my plan to move forward and HE allows the consequences of my failure to fall on me. HE doesn’t do it in an “I told you so“ fashion like I would rather HE has already been in the future and doesn’t want me to run into the wall.

GOD’s plan is full of compassion for my mistakes. When I follow my own plan it’s like telling GOD “YOU are stupid and I know better.” GOD wants me to ask HIM “LORD what do YOU want me to do?” rather than telling HIM “I’m going in this direction, will you please help me?”  Acknowledging HIS plan is the best way for me to make my plan.
  • Are you planning something?
  • Have you asked GOD “do YOU want me to do this?”
  • When you get the thing you are praying for how has it benefitted the growth of GOD’s kingdom?
  • Are you sure your prayer isn’t an attempt to manipulate GOD into following you?
  • Are you willing to accept “no” or “try this thing instead?”

No comments:

Post a Comment