Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I’m right here!

Acts 17: 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

============

Sliding on ice took on a new meaning when I couldn’t get control of the car. It seemed like everything happened in slow motion as my sister and I approached the light post. Even though we were buckled in her head hit the windshield and my hand was bruised from hitting the steering wheel.

“GOD where were you? Why did this have to happen to us?” I exclaimed.
  • When I seek my way I can’t see GOD.
  • When I seek my definition of perfection I can’t see GOD.
  • When I seek my view on protection I can’t see GOD.
In college I did everything but seek GOD.  I blamed my parents and I blamed my professors and I blamed the cops and landlords and bill collectors for how life was mistreating me. I wondered where GOD was when I had troubles and I never stopped to thank HIM when times were good.

Women and parties and being the big man on campus seemed fun and a lot of people knew me BUT GOD wanted something different.
  • GOD created me with free will to choose HIM and HE knew I would turn my back on HIM.
  • GOD created me knowing I would choose sin yet HE forgave me anyway.
  • GOD created me at to serve in this point in time with this family in this city because HIS purpose is pure and sincere.
Seeking GOD is difficult when my motives for seeking HIM are selfish. HE wants me to admit my sin to HIM and turn away from them as best I can and acknowledge I need HIM.  I got so busy looking for GOD that I couldn’t see HIM protecting me and guiding me every step of the way.

Now after admitting my flaws to HIM, HE continues to take the sin that I clutch onto so tightly away from me. HE does it so gently because HE desires a perfect relationship with me.
  • Do you feel distant from GOD?
  • Do you think you are not being shown grace?
  • Have you considered that maybe GOD is showing you extreme grace?
  • Will you consider changing your ways and specifically seek GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment