Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is my purpose today?

Acts 20: 22 “And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

============

Sitting on my couch in a daze was about all I could handle at the time. My mind had conjured up what I thought was the end of the road. With bill collectors calling, car on the fritz, school not going well and working a dead end job I wondered “where was all this going?” I mean was this it? Was this where I was going to end up?

  • Sometimes my circumstances make me want to give up.
  • Sometimes my situations seem larger than what I can handle.
  • Sometimes my current position can seem bleak and cause me to despair.

Something… okay it was the HOLY SPIRIT who told me to “get off the couch and do something about the circumstance for there is a purpose for your life.” “Go talk to the school, go talk to the bill collectors, learn how to fix your car and work the job like it’s supposed to be worked.” Wow! You mean I don’t have to believe everything is a mess and I have a purpose?! Absolutely!

  • Faith in GOD has shown me to wait and watch HIM a little longer because HE always comes through!
  • Faith in GOD has taught me to there is no circumstance that is not in HIS control.
  • Faith in GOD has never failed; in fact I have been quite amazed at how HE works things out.

When I live my life with “purpose” there is no failure especially when my focus is on GOD. No matter how bleak the situation is I can trust GOD knows about it and has complete control. I can continue serving HIM through the circumstance and watch HIM do some amazing things in the lives of those HE directs me to.

GOD has given me purpose to reach those HE has given to me. There is no situation, circumstance or trouble that can thwart HIS plan for me.

  • Is your situation bleak?
  • Are you feeling troubled?
  • Do you realize that by holding on a little while longer HE will deliver you to your purpose?
  • Have you asked GOD “please show me my purpose?”
  • Are you willing to tell people about CHRIST in spite of your troubles?

No comments:

Post a Comment