Thursday, March 8, 2012

Being Blessed

Romans 4: 6David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

 7“Blessed are those
   whose transgressions are forgiven,
   whose sins are covered.
8Blessed is the one
   whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

============

Someone asked me to pray that they got a particular job. I prayed they didn’t get the job. Someone asked me to pray for their marriage. I prayed they got divorced. Someone asked that I pray for their spouse to be cured. I prayed and the person passed on.

Wow! I don’t “feel” blessed. “Didn’t I do a lot for YOU GOD? Why don’t YOU hear me?”

  • When I think I can “work” my way into GOD’s graces, I fail miserably.
  • When I think I can be “good” for a period of time in order to get what I want, I am trying to manipulate GOD.
  • When I think I can perform supernatural tasks without GOD’s permission, I am trying to draw the attention to me rather than pointing to HIM.

I often wondered why my requests were being ignored by GOD. I mean they seemed good at the time. Then I wondered if I was “blessed.” If HE ignored my prayer am I really blessed or even worse, am I saved? Oh no! What shall I do?

  • When GOD says I am blessed, there is nothing I can do to not be blessed.
  • When GOD says my transgressions are forgiven, HE means all my transgressions.
  • When GOD says my sins are covered, every sin I have committed or will commit “are covered.”
  • When GOD says HE will not count my sins against me, HE WILL NOT COUNT MY SINS AGAINST ME!

One thing I can count on is GOD cannot and will not lie to me. When HE says something HE will do it. My “feelings” and “attitude” and “emotions” sometimes get in the way of seeing how “blessed” I am. No matter how bad the situation seems, “I am blessed!” This is the Great News I can tell someone else.

  • Do you “feel” blessed or do you “know” you are blessed?
  • Do you doubt GOD can forgive you or do you know GOD “has already” forgiven you?
  • Do you tell GOD what to do or do you ask GOD what HIS will is?
  • Do you realize GOD knows you are special so can’t you try to act like you “are’ special to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment