Monday, March 12, 2012

How to gain “power”

Romans 5: 6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

============

Twelve forty five had arrived and my next class was quickly approaching. The card game was getting good and I was definitely winning. I decided to blow off the class. I mean what could they be talking about that I couldn’t pick up later? Well I found out they talked about a lot after failing the class.

My Dean had a discussion with me and told me he was developing my schedule for the next semester. I felt powerless.

  • I feel powerless when I sin.
  • I feel powerless when I am not following GOD.
  • I feel powerless when I have not followed GOD and I am in trouble.

When I have gone on my own path and things are messed up I feel powerless to the point that I can’t even ask GOD for help. I mean HE can’t be that forgiving right? Wrong!!

  • GOD saw every one of my sins and died for me anyway.
  • GOD saw my entire life and knew I would not choose HIM so HE chose me.
  • GOD saw the sin I’m going to commit next month and decided HE would take the punishment.

GOD demonstrates HIS love for me this way, in the middle of my sinful habits JESUS died for me. HE longs for me to stop my sinful habits but knows my limitations. HE had to do something for me because I wouldn’t give HIM a second look. I would go through life powerless.

Power is what GOD wants me to have, not like a superhero where it is internal but as a utensil that gets plugged into HIS omnipotence. HE has all the power I need and HIS grace is truly sufficient to clean my sin. HE is the judge and has determined me righteous even though I don’t deserve it. With GOD I can have unimaginable power to be used for HIS purpose alone.

  • Do you feel powerless about some situation?
  • Do you feel powerless about your sin?
  • Do you know GOD took care of all of your sins from birth to death?
  • Knowing what GOD has done for you, what do you want to do for HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment