Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let me get that mud off your face

Romans 3: 22This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

============

Growing up where and when I grew up limited my exposure to other races. I mean I had been exposed to other races but for the most part I stayed to my own. Then I heard some of the awful things other races had to say about my race and other races. “How dare they?” I thought to myself outraged!

As I retreated back into my group I heard them talking about other races only this time I didn’t feel outraged but justified. I mean they started it right?

  • Insulting any of GOD’s creations is an insult to GOD.
  • Any demonstration of evil towards “any” human is a demonstration of evil towards GOD.
  • If I talk down to people who are “sinners” as if I’m not then GOD has an issue with me more than them.

As I have said many times before “we are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other saying ‘you have mud on your face’.” Humans like to feel superior to one another and I have to admit it does feel nice! We quickly point out flaws. I made a lot of money pointing out flaws. BUT GOD sees an entirely different picture.

  • GOD sees me and everyone else in the same mud and only HE can clean us up.
  • GOD sees me and everyone else as sinners and only HE can save us.
  • GOD sees me and everyone else with loving eyes and does not want a single soul to be lost so HE allowed HIS SON, who volunteered, to be sacrificed instead of us.

I am not superior to anyone. I know GOD’s Bible well and yet I still sin. In fact GOD will hold me to a higher standard for doing wrong and knowing better. YET GOD loved me so much that HE took my sins and threw them “all” away. I get amazed at that every time I say it. I am justified freely by HIS grace because JESUS paid the greatest price for me which was HIS life.

  • Have you ever disliked a certain group of people without fully understanding them?
  • Maybe you don’t mistreat other races, how about gender, age, sexual orientation, criminals or politicians?
  • Is there someone you need to understand and actually learn how they want to receive your compassion?
  • Does GOD love “that” person too?

No comments:

Post a Comment