Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thanks for the “gift!”

Romans 6: 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

============

Naïve and impressionable and scared, I took on my first career.  I had no idea what a corporate structure was about and I really had nothing tangible to offer. When people requested things from me, I looked like deer in headlights! I had to learn everything.

One day my boss walked in my office and said “I’m sending you to training.” “What a gift” I thought. I’m getting trained without asking for it! To this day I am grateful for my first supervisor. I mean, he recognized something in me that others seem to discount.

  • GOD has declared that any sin I commit deserves death for the sentence.
  • GOD has declared that even my birth is conceived out of sin.
  • GOD has declared that I was sentenced to be separated from HIS love eternally and to face HIS ever increasing wrath forever.

Wait, you mean even my birth which I had nothing to do with, declares me a sinner? Yes!  BUT GOD decided to give me a gift.

  • GOD’s gift of love is HIS SON who took on my punishment.
  • GOD’s gift of love is HIS SON who died in my place.
  • GOD’s gift of love is HIS SON who is now alive and believing in HIM saves me.

GOD did it all! HE saw I would never choose HIM yet HE chose me. HE freed me from “having to” sin, in other words HE freed me from being a slave to sin and its consequences. Wait a minute, “you still sin” you say. Yes but now I have a choice whereas before I only had sin and death.

I can choose righteousness over sin and on many occasions I do. Sometimes my selfishness gets in the way but GOD has me growing daily. HE has truly given me a “gift” which is eternal life.

  • Do you feel you have no options in life but to follow sin?
  • Do you feel like giving up trying to please GOD thinking HIS standards are too high?
  • Can you believe HE has already taken care of your life and has a wonderful plan for you?
  • Will you stop acting like a slave to sin and give your entire life to following GOD’s ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment