Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unfaithful

Romans 3: 3What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness? 4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every human being a liar. As it is written:

   “So that you may be proved right when you speak
   and prevail when you judge.”

============

I have been unfaithful many times! Not the way you are thinking but in many ways I have proven to show “unfaithfulness.” Like the time I left work to relax in my apartment, I was unfaithful to the job at hand. The time I decided to go on a date without asking my parents and I went missing the entire day, I was unfaithful to their guardianship.

How about the time GOD told me to remain pure in thought and deed and… you get the picture.

  • I have been unfaithful to GOD when I doubt HIS plan for me.
  • I have been unfaithful to GOD when I refuse to change my ways for HIM.
  • I have been unfaithful to GOD when I take matters into my own hand.

Unfaithfulness has some difficult consequences. My relationship with GOD is less than optimal when I don’t have “faith” in HIM. I mean I can believe HE exists, I can even believe JESUS died for my sins, but do I actually have “faith” that GOD can lead “all” my decisions, not just the big scary ones. Unfortunately the answer is “no.”

  • When I am unfaithful, GOD is faithful.
  • When I think I can do life by myself GOD says “you need ME and I will always be there.”
  • When I make the mistake of thinking I can live my life any old way, GOD steps in and corrects me and is “just” for doing so.

Many think unfaithful means cheating on husbands or wives or boyfriends or girlfriends and this is true. Even a longing glance at someone else is a degree of unfaithfulness which I am guilty of. But how many times have I decided GOD is wrong and I am right and I deserve to do “this” sin because HE will forgive me anyway so “I’m cool.”

GOD wants me to focus on HIS grace not mine, HIS love not mine, HIS mercy not mine. Only HE is righteous.

  • Have you been unfaithful?
  • What thought just popped into your head?
  • Are you willing to tell those you have been unfaithful to?
  • Can you tell GOD about your unfaithfulness and “move on” because you “are” forgiven?

No comments:

Post a Comment