Monday, March 19, 2012

Why does GOD want me up so early?

Romans 7: 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

   So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

============

Seven Thirty arrived quickly after being out the night before. I heard the phone call so I picked up the receiver and hung it back up again. Then I unplugged the phone so I could sleep. My roommate said “Aren’t you supposed to go to church this morning?”

“I’ll go next time,” I said. After a while, the group stopped trying. I mean it’s just a party, why does GOD want me up so early anyway?

  • Inside of me lies a sin nature that is at war with GOD.
  • Inside of me contains a battle between “following my urges” and “following GOD.”
  • Inside of me holds what is against GOD and what is for GOD.

Seems a little unfair that I am born with a sin nature that automatically sends me to Hell, doesn’t it? I mean what kind of GOD would create me specifically to go to Hell? Is there any way that I can be saved from this terrible end? I mean GOD cannot go back on HIS decree that anyone who sins deserves death so even HE can’t save me right? Wrong!

  • GOD knew I would be born into a no win situation so HE volunteered to die in my place.
  • GOD didn’t place a problem in me rather HE gave me a solution namely JESUS.
  • GOD knew HE would easily win over sin so all I need to do is believe in HIM and HE will do the fighting.

Sometimes I think bad things happen to me when I “sin” and good things happen to me when I am “good” and that is probably so far from the truth, at least for me. I find that when I try to follow GOD I am actually declaring war against a being who is jealous of my relationship with GOD, namely Satan.

He hurls temptations and circumstances that would normally turn me away from GOD; BUT GOD has placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me to fight a victorious battle. I cannot lose with GOD!

  • Do you think your sin nature is winning?
  • Do you believe sin is getting the best of you?
  • Can you believe that GOD has already taken care of your sin nature?
  • Can you be encouraged that GOD understands your sin and loves you dearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment