Monday, September 3, 2012

I was lost

Colossians 1: 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.

This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

============

A quick glance at my watch raised panic in my mind. The meeting was going to start in minutes and I couldn’t find the building. I started devising a plan that seemed to be futile and time was running out. I thought “If I could look at the buildings then maybe I could see something familiar.” Finally after looking at maps and driving in circles I found someone to give me directions. I felt peace easing my mind.

  • Whenever life gets tough I try to develop plans that don’t include GOD.
  • Whenever life gets difficult I try to create my own way excluding GOD.
  • Whenever life gets painful I try to generate my own destiny, thinking I don’t need GOD for this situation, I can handle it myself.

In my mind, GOD was cramping my style. I mean HE wanted me to be “good” and to “trust HIM” yet HE didn’t seem to care because HE wasn’t handling the situation the way “I” wanted HIM to. At least that’s what my mind was telling me. BUT GOD acts and reacts much higher than I do.

  • GOD saw I would not choose HIM yet HE allowed HIS SON to die for me to save me.
  • GOD saw I would walk away from HIM many times yet HE chose to forgive me.
  • GOD saw I would fight with HIS plans yet HE continues with HIS plans of love for me.

Whenever I fight with GOD and HIS mighty plan, I seem to get lost. Don’t get me wrong, I may seem to be doing fine from a humans’ perspective but I stop serving, praying and soon believing. I start believing I know better than GOD and after a while I leave HIM out of the picture completely. Then when life gets difficult I run back to HIM like a little baby.

GOD wants me to remain in HIM placing my faith and hope in HIS marvelous ways. Only HIS SON can remove my sins and declare me free from blemishes.

  • Are you lost?
  • Do you think you have a plan to get you out of your mess?
  • Can you turn your life over to GOD and focus on HIS way?
  • Won’t you believe in HIS SON who is the only one who can save you?

No comments:

Post a Comment